The health and welfare of all Texas Frightmare Weekend attendees is our utmost priority. We are closely monitoring the situation involving the coronavirus outbreak. Texas Frightmare Weekend is doing our part to make sure that our convention is safe for all who attend. Besides several safety measures listed below, we have also greatly reduced the amount of tickets sold over previous years. Additionally, we have moved several key sources of past years’ congestion issues.
- We have greatly reduced the amount of tickets available for purchase by approximately 50% over last year’s ticket sales.
- Our largest, main screening and panel room has been moved to another level of the hotel. It is now located in the Innovation room (by the pool, where the VIP party was in 2019)
- Will Call for pre-ordered TFW Convention Tickets and Merchandise: Moved upstairs to the Debakey room.
- Enterprise Room: Guest and vendors tables have been expanded in to the former area where screenings were located in 2019.
A full map of all event locations will be available in our printed program at the event.
Please consider the health and safety of yourselves and others around you.
- We are working closely with the event venue to make sure we are following all current state, county, and city guidelines for an event like ours.
- In light of the latest CDC guidance, the event venue Hyatt Regency DFW requires that all guests wear face masks or coverings in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas. Public areas include hotel lobbies, meeting and event space foyers, restaurants and bars, and fitness center
- At all Hyatt hotels in the U.S., guests who are unvaccinated are required to wear face masks or coverings in hotel indoor public areas, as well as outdoors where social distancing is not feasible (with some limited exceptions). Hotel colleagues who are not vaccinated are still required to wear face masks indoors and outdoors.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue for your use
- Contactless payment options available for Texas Frightmare Weekend Ticket and Merchandise Sales.
- We are asking any individuals with new or worsening signs or symptoms to not attend the convention.
- We are asking any individuals who have had known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days to not attend the convention.
Additional Hyatt Regency (event venue) specific details: https://www.hyatt.com/info/care-and-cleanliness-americas
We are also asking our exhibitors to do the following in their areas:
- Use contactless payment whenever possible.
- Regularly and frequently clean and disinfect any regularly touched surfaces.
- Discourage attendees from needlessly touching items and disinfect any items that come into contact with attendees.
If you have any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms you should not attend the convention:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish
If you have had known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days you should not attend the convention.
Together we can make sure that Texas Frightmare Weekend is safe and fun for everyone!